Keep coming back

Saturday 2 August 2014

Freeing Yourself From Cigarettes

How I so LOVE my new fresh, clean coffee breaks
"Oh Happy Day, Oh Happy Day,
Oh Happy Day, Oh Happy Day
When People threw, when People threw
When People threw, when People threw,
When People threw, when People threw
Their cigarettes away!"

Thank you for allowing me to improvise on a beautiful classic hymn...It truly inspires.

YOUR freedom from tobacco is OUR freedom. We are all in this together. 

Fast forward to the year 4014.
No one smokes. Period.
It's done. Finished. This song from the future plays on a futuristic radio type program... 

Let's speed up things, shall we?


Now I don't know about you, but I can't wait that long. I see no reason to.


 I can understand pollution from factories. Of course I am environmentally minded. So are most of us. I hear this argument too often. If we eliminate the poison that is second-hand smoke, now known as Environmental Tobacco Smoke, the naysayers will contend with,

 " Oh, but what about all the smoke from factories?" Are factories addictive? Are you addicted to factories? Or material goods? Yes, a case can be made that some people are addicted to shopping. Will we close down all stores? Yet so many of us want things and seem to need things, and in some cases some things are necessary to survival and life-enhancing. We could always invent ways to build cleaner burning factories. Very unpleasant, but at least products are being made. In moderation factories and products and are needed and  far less harmful than cigarettes.Yet no one needs anything from tobacco and nicotine.

 I can understand most human vices, because in moderation all of them are acceptable. I'm talking purely philosophically. In medical situations a drug is needed. 90% of people can drink moderately with little harm. Gourmands can enjoy food, in moderate amounts, give or take. We have adult needs, most of us marry or prefer some other love situation. Every person will "gamble" in the sense of taking a minor risk at least once in their life. It's a risk to love, to live. Tobacco? Honestly, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment